Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

I just purchased the mx revolution cordless mouse over the weekend on sale at staples for $60 (regular price $99). This mouse generated good reviews on amazon. Mouse works well and is ergonomically designed. Default features include forward and back button, docement flip button and google search button. With the google search button, you can highlight a word and then press the button and the google search results appear on a separate box on the left side of your screen. Battery life has been ok so far with 2 days of moderate use and still is showing full charge on mouse. Rather than using 2 AA batteries, this mouse comes with rechargeable battery and battery station which needs to be plugged in to your electrical outlet (just like a cell phone). I find it just another clutter.

I don't know if all these features justify the $60 I payed (i'm surprised people even pay $99 for this mouse), so I'll be returning it this weekend. I really do not like the rechargeable part.

I just ordered the Logitech MX 610 for $47 thru amazon, which does use 2 AA batteries.