Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Taste of Santa Monica-6th Annual

Sunday, Sept 16 from 12 pm - 4 pm
Just saw an ad for the 6th Annual Taste of Santa Monica (held on the Santa Monica Pier). I probably won't be going here since ticket prices have risen drastically since the 1st annual one that I went to. Ticket prices are $40 per adult this year. When I first came here, I remember paying only $20 with a student id. The regular price for an adult ticket was $25. Unfortunately, student discount is no longer offered. They probably have more restaurants participating (many in Santa Monica) this year (about 40) than previous years. Each restaurant has its own booth and offers a sample of it's food. You can sample as many times as you want at whichever booth you like. I remember the I Cugini restaurant booth was very popular. There was always a huge line for the samples of raw oysters. No other food/booth at that time was memorable to me. $40 / person is pricey. I'm not sure if it's worth it. It really depends on what the restaurants will have as samples. How much can you really eat? I would rather buy myself a very nice brunch elsewhere.

Some restaurants participating this year:

The Lobster
El Cholo
Tengu
Ocean Avenue Seafood
Duke's of Malibu